After buying a book directly from our website, you may wonder ‘How do I read it on my PC?’
- Download the zip file
- Right click the zip file and select ‘Extract all…’ and choose where you want to extract the files.
(For a more detailed overview on zipping and unzipping, see this article: http://www.glyphnotes.com/gn-zip.cfm)
The mobi file
- Save the mobi file to a location you will be able to find easily.
- Download and install Kindle for PC as instructed in the link. (You will need to have an Amazon account – free.)
- Go to the mobi file that you saved, right click, select ‘Open with’ >’Kindle for PC’, and the ebook will (should) open.
The EPUB file
- Save the EPUB file to a location on your PC that you will be able to find easily.
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions as instructed in the link. You will need to set up an Adobe account (free) first.
- Go to the EPUB file that you saved, right click, select ‘Open with’ >’Adobe Digital Editions’, and the ebook will (should) open.
Alternatively, you can read the EPUB online by uploading it to ibisreader, which is a wonderful online reading interface for ebooks (the cover isn’t always visible though).
- Go to ibisreader.com and register (free).
- Click on ‘Add books’.
- Browse to the folder on your PC where the relevant EPUB file is located.
- Click OK, and the book will be loaded.
- Double click on the title, and you’ll be able to read it.